Wheelchair and mobility scooter users may find it really challenging to overcome the barriers posed by stairs, raised thresholds and landings. Installing ramps in residential and commercial buildings could be an effective solution. Reliable dealers of accessibility equipment based in New York offer top quality ramps like custom, modular and portable ramps.
Ideal for use in homes, institutions, and commercial buildings, these ramp systems are lightweight and yet extremely durable. Suitable as temporary or permanent fixtures, these wheelchair ramps make home or office buildings wheelchair accessible.
One of the top benefits of these ramps is that they can be easily installed and also removed quickly. Other standards include –
- Code-compliant mesh design – allows natural drainage
- Virtually allows any configuration
- Vertical pickets
- Unique welded cone-mounted hand rail design
- Unique leg design that maximizes structural integrity
- Textured open mesh surface
- ADA-compliant 36″ width
- Durable powder-coated finish
- Easy maintenance
- Environmentally responsible – 100% recyclable
- No rusting, no rotting, no splinters
- Slip-resistant finish
Here are the top three models of custom wheelchair ramps available in New York –
- Aluminum Series – Regarded as the only open mesh aluminum ramp on the market, the Aluminum series is maintenance free and 100 percent recyclable. Featuring a unique welded cone-mounted handrail design, these ramps are strong and durable and can be easily installed within hours. These come with a total weight capacity of 800 lbs.
- Steel Series – Steel series are a durable, yet economical solution for wheelchair and scooter accessibility. This ADA-compliant ramp has textured finish for slip resistance. All components of the ramp are coated with a durable powder-coated finish, which is far more hard-wearing than painted steel ramps. Other features of steel ramps include – ADA-compliant 36″ width, unique welded cone-mounted hand rail design, galvanized silver handrails and textured open mesh surface.
- Wood Series – When compared to steel or aluminum ramp systems, this series complements outdoor decks and patios. These ramps also feature pressure treated wood to prevent rotting. Floorboard spacing gaps allow for drainage as well as natural expansion and contraction. A unique leg design in this model maximizes structural integrity.
Locate a Reliable Dealer
If you are planning to buy custom wheelchair ramps in New York, find a reliable accessibility equipment dealer. They will help you choose the right option and also set it up quickly to meet your specific requirements. You get to benefit from free shipping, timely installation, repair and maintenance support.