Climbing stairs is one of the most challenging tasks faced by most seniors and people with disabilities. Home stair lifts offer the solution, allowing users to travel safely and independently from floor to floor. These devices feature a comfortable seat that rides along a rail running the length of the staircase, allowing the user to move comfortably from one level of the building to another in a seated position. Leading dealers of accessibility equipment in New Jersey offer different models of lifts to match various staircase configurations. If your home staircase is straight with no curves or corners, then installing a straight stairlift would be an ideal option.
High quality straight stair lift models are fully featured to provide a safe and comfortable ride. They can be installed on either side of the stairway and come with various safety features such as hand-held remote controls (to call the lift between the floors), safety sensors, seat belt, and more.
Top Models of Straight Stair Lifts
- Bruno Elan – Featuring a total weight capacity of 300 lbs, this model can be easily installed on either side of the stairway to deliver a smooth and safe ride. It comes with two 12-volt batteries that provide dependable performance even during outages. Its standard swivel seat makes entry and exit easy.
- Bruno Elite – This stair lift comes with a generous seat size, adjustable width arm rests and multiple seat heights. The arms, seat and footrest flip up, creating plenty of space on the stairs. The improved clamping and rail design provides improved stability and makes landing easy.
- Handicare Simplicity – This straight stair lift features safety sensors on the power pack and footplate that immediately stops the lift’s operation if there is any obstruction in its path. Useful in multi-user situations, this device comes with an easily accessible key switch that allows users to disable the lift and prevent unauthorized use.
- Handicare Simplicity Plus – Featuring a stylish design, this model can be easily operated by simply pressing or holding the large, robust toggle switch in the direction of travel. An easily accessible key switch allows users to disable the lift and prevent unauthorized usage. It comes with manual or powered folding footplate and swivel options.
- Handicare 1000 – With the narrowest stair lift track, this device can be installed both indoors and outdoors. Safety sensors on the power pack and footplates automatically stop the lift if any obstruction is encountered. In addition, a fully automatic hinge track that can be easily raised and lowered without the user having to operate is also equipped in this device.
- Handicare 1000XL – With a total load capacity of 440 lbs, this model comes with a diagnostic display that allows users to monitor the status of stair lift. The device can be easily operated by pressing or holding the large, robust toggle switch in the direction of travel.
Choose a Reliable Dealer for Stairlift Purchase
When it comes to purchasing a stair chair lift in New Jersey, choosing a reliable and reputable accessibility equipment dealer would offer many benefits. Established dealers will provide professional guidance on product choice as well as efficient post-sales support for installation, inspection and repairs and maintenance.