Top dealers of accessibility equipment in New York offer different types of ramps to meet specific requirements. Portable wheelchair ramps help wheelchair and mobility scooter users overcome the barriers posed by steps, curbs and inclines in residential and commercial spaces. Ramps also provide easy access into and out of vans, SUVs and trucks.
Ideal for temporary applications such as home stays, meetings and field trips, these devices provide easy access to areas where a wheelchair or mobility scooter cannot go. Portable ramps systems can be easily dismantled, transported, and stored. Key features include –
- Lightweight and compact
- Durable and easy to assemble
- Easy to use, carry and store
- Ultra-strong, stable, durable and safe
- Anti-slip surface that provides traction in all weather conditions
Popular Models of Portable Ramps
Let’s take a look at the various models of portable ramps available in New York –
- Suitcase Ramps – These lightweight suitcase ramps can be used in a variety of applications including stairs, cars, trucks, and other low to moderate rises. Their single-fold design enables wheelchair and scooter users to access steps, vehicles, and raised landings quickly and easily. These ramps can easily and quickly split in to two pieces, making them easy to carry around. Top Lip Extension (TLE), Suitcase ramp Signature series and Advantage series from EZ-Access are reliable suitcase wheelchair ramp models.
- Aluminum & Rubber Threshold Ramps – Ideal for commercial and residential applications, these systems are designed to provide access to doorways, sliding glass doors, and raised landings. They are portable, durable and easy to install. Top models include –
- Aluminum Threshold THR Series
- EZ-Access Threshold
- Rubber Threshold
- ELEV8® Adjustable
- Rubber Threshold – Stone Cap(TM) Transition
- EZ-Access 1.5-In Rubber Thresh Beveled (1 or 2 pack)
- EZ-Access Threshold Combo pack
- Multifold ramps – These wheelchair ramps can be easily folded like a suitcase. They can accommodate wheelchairs and scooters of various wheel configurations and come with a 3-year warranty. They allow rear door access on utility trailers, SUVs, and vans. They come with a safety DVD and steel security pins, and safety guide. The safety guide indicates whether the ramp is on a safe slope. Popular models of multi-fold ramps include – Top Lip Extension (TLE), WCR Series (600-800 lb capacity) and Trifold Advantage Series (800lb capacity).
- Wheelchair ramps for Vans, SUVs and Trucks – These ramps are designed to load wheelchairs or scooters into and out of transport vehicles such as vans, trucks and SUVs. They can easily accommodate loads of up to 400 pounds.
- Solid Wheelchair Ramps – Solid one-piece aluminum wheelchair ramps in the EZ-Access pathway ramp classic series and W/HR classic series are suitable for scooters, walkers, wheelchairs, canes and crutches. The sturdy one-piece design provides for ease of use and minimal set-up. This 6″ ramp comes with an 850 pound weight capacity and can easily accommodate wider chairs. It is an excellent choice as a temporary ramp as well as when a more permanent ramp is desired.
Locate a Reliable Dealer
While many mobility equipment companies offer portable wheelchair ramp in New York, purchase from a reliable, accredited dealer would come with benefits such as free shipping, installation support and efficient annual maintenance for reasonable charge.