Stair lifts are not restricted to enhancing accessibility inside a house. Exterior stairlifts from reputable manufacturers like Handicare can be fitted to a full flight of outside stairs and help people with mobility issues to overcome the challenges posed by raised verandas or porches, multiple terraces, patios with stairs, and front walkway steps. These lifts allow you to enjoy the outdoors of your home by providing a smooth, safe and comfortable ride over the stairs.
Handicare’s stairlift models for outdoor staircases are:
- 1000 Outdoor for Straight Stairs – fits even the narrowest stairs
- 2000 Outdoor for Curved Stairs – provides access over curved exterior stairs
With UV protected Slate Grey upholstery, both these lifts are fully waterproof and designed to overcome the problems caused by external runs of stairs. Tested and approved by worldwide independent inspection services, they meet the highest standards in terms of safety, innovation, comfort and design. Features include:
- An easily accessible key switch to prevent unauthorized use
- Safety sensors on the power pack and footplate that stop the lift if there is an obstruction in its path
- Two standard remote controls – one each for the upstairs and downstairs – by which you can send your stairlift up and down the track without having to sit on it
The perch seat is an ideal option for users with limited hip and knee flexibility as it allows them to use the lift in an almost in a standing position.
Reliable stairlift dealers in New York offer both these Handicare exterior stairlift models and also provide a free accessibility analysis and customized installation service. You can also rely on them for maintenance support.