With diverse stairlift types available now, physically challenged and elderly individuals can now access the stairways in their home more safely and conveniently. Handicare, a reputable manufacturer of stairlifts has developed a comprehensive range of straight stairlifts that provide quiet operation and the smoothest ride imaginable.
With these customized options, getting up and down straight stairs is much easier now. Straight stairlift tracks can only travel in straight lines, and cannot turn a corner or go around a bend. The major advantage of these lifts is that the unit can be installed without making structural alterations to the stairway.
Handicare Straight Stairlift Models
Easy to install, Handicare straight stair chair lifts are tested and approved by worldwide independent inspection services. Straight stairlift models offered by Handicare include:
- Simplicity – The Simplicity Series track offers a continuous charge function meaning that the lift can be parked on any part of the track when it is not in use. The upholstery of the unit is available in sand coloured wipe-clean, flame-retardant fabric and the seat comes with a clip seat belt as standard.
- Simplicity Plus – A stylish solution to overcome the challenges of climbing straight stairs, this mobility device features an easily accessible key switch that allows you to disable the lift and prevent unauthorized use. You don’t have to worry about unsupervised children playing with your stairlift.
- 1000 – This is the narrowest straight stairlift track on the market, which can also be installed outdoors. The device provides comfort and support and can be upgraded with powered features.
- 1000 XXL – This unit comes with a choice of six upholstery colors. The system features an improved weight capacity of 440lbs. Its powered swivel feature makes it easier to turn the stairlift seat to get in and out of the stairlift on to the landing.
- 1000 Outdoor – Supplied with UV protected slate grey upholstery, this stairlift is fully waterproofed and is designed to overcome the barriers posed by external straight runs of stairs.
All the Handicare stairlifts have safety sensors on the power pack and footplate that are designed to stop the lift if it meets any obstruction. They are also compatible with the slide track and manual hinge systems. The lift comes with several solutions to prevent the track from causing an obstruction, if there is a doorway close to the bottom of your stairs.
For a reliable stairlift and a safe ride, it is crucial to approach an established dealer who can guide you to make the right choice of stairlift that suits your specific mobility requirement. With experienced vendors, you can benefit from professional installation services, ongoing maintenance support and excellent after-sales service.