Stairlifts in Philadelphia, help elderly, mobility impaired individuals as well as obese or overweight individuals to move freely from one floor to another. Stair climbing is a good exercise for obese or overweight individuals as it helps to burn the fat faster and keeps their body active and healthy. However, some heavy weight individuals, who have joint pain, arthritis, heart diseases, ankle, knee or respiratory problems, balance issues and other mobility issues, may find climbing and descending stairs an extremely difficult task. For such people, stairlifts are a great relief. Stairlifts eliminate the need for climbing and descending stairs. These devices carry seated passengers up and down the stairs safely and easily. They are affordable and reliable and can be easily installed on either side of straight as well as curved staircases. They are easy to operate and virtually maintenance-free. They offer a smooth, stable and silent ride. They also let users carry grocery, laundry, books, and other items with them from one floor to another. They can be used for indoor as well as outdoor purposes and integrate well with any home decor.
Popular Stairlift Models for Obese or Overweight People
Leading manufacturers offer stairlifts for all types of staircases – straight or curved, for both indoor and outdoor use. Here are the popular models you can choose from.
- Stairlifts for Straight Staircases
- Bruno Elan – Can carry 300 lbs weight
- Bruno Elite – Accommodates 400 pounds of weight
- Handicare Simplicity Plus – Maximum loading capacity is 308 lbs
- Handicare 1000 – Perfect choice for users weighing up to 350 lbs
- Handicare 1000XL/XXL – Heavy duty version (XL) can accommodate weights up to 350 lbs, the extra heavy duty version (XXL) can accommodate users up to 440 lbs.
- Stairlifts for Curved Staircases
- Bruno Elite Curved- CRE-2110 – Comfortably accommodates 400 lbs weight
- Handicare 2000 – Even though it has the capability of carrying253lbs weight, this can be increased to 300lbs by fitting the heavy duty kit on the stair lift.
- Handicare Stairlifts (Handicare Freelift) – These includes models such as Rembrandt,Van Gogh and Vermeer. All these stair chair lifts comfortably hold275 pounds of weight.
- Stairlifts for Exterior Staircases
- Handicare 1000 for straight outdoor staircases – Lifting capacity up to 350 lbs
- Bruno Elite Exterior Curved – CRE 2110E – Comfortably accommodates400 pounds of weight
Features of Stairlifts
Some of the features that distinguish these superior quality stairlifts are:
- Safety sensors on the power pack and footplate to detect any obstacles on the stairs
- Retractable Extra long XXL velcro belt for added safety
- Speed governors to ensure that the carriage does not speed up on its way down the stairs
- Two 12-volt batteries that provide dependable performance, even in the case of power failure
- Automatic hinged rail with safety system avoids any obstruction at the bottom of the stairs
- Continuous charge function that allows parking the lift on any part of the track when it is not in use
- The standard swivel seat makes entry and exit easy
- Generous seat size with multiple seat heights
- Adjustable footrest height for added comfort
- Easily accessible key switch that allows you to disable the lift and prevent unauthorized use
- Remarkable stability
- LED diagnostic system in armrest
- Foldable arms, seat and footrest creates plenty of space to walk up the stairs
- Standing seat available
- Affordable & reliable
- Exterior stairlifts come with a waterproof cover to provide protection from inclement weather.
- Two standard remote controls for upstairs and downstairs
- Soft start/stop provides smooth ride from start to finish
- Onboard audio/visual diagnostics for easy service
With excellent safety features, these stairlifts will make the life of your loved ones more independent and comfortable. They will prove especially useful for people with medical conditions. The advantage of having a stairlift installed in your home is that family members can continue using their own preferred rooms, even if it is upstairs. Free movement up and down the stairs will not be restricted, which is a great relief.
You can purchase stairlifts from reliable and experienced home accessibility equipment dealers in Philadelphia. Such a supplier can provide products that are tested and approved by worldwide independent inspection services. They can even custom design the stairlifts to the exact specification of your stairway. They provide professional installation support without charging any additional cost.