Stairlifts in Philadelphia can be purchased from reliable mobility equipment dealers for use in both residential and commercial spaces. These lifts are a great help to gout patients, helping them navigate stairs freely and safely. Gout is a form of arthritis caused by the build up of high levels of uric acid in the body. This painful condition can affect your big toe, joints, ankles, ankle, foot or knee. Gout cases are on the rise in the United States. ScienceDaily reported that the prevalence of gout has increased over the last twenty years in the United States and now affects 8.3 million Americans. It can cause limited range of motion, intense pain, swelling, tenderness, lumps or stiffness in the joints.
People with gout may find climbing and descending stairs extremely difficult and painful. The problem is even more severe if you have had surgery done, or are overweight. Such concerns may even force people to shift to the lower floor or change residence altogether, which can be distressing. However, a good stairlift can address this mobility issue by allowing people to sit comfortably in a chair that will take them up and down the stairs safely and effortlessly.
Why Choose Stairlifts?
- Remarkable stability
- Easy to install
- Offers a smooth, safe and silent ride
- Affordable and reliable
- Ease of accessibility and low installation costs
- Increases resale value of the home
- Takes up less space
- Can be installed on either side of the staircase
- Easy to maintain
- High level of mobility and user-friendliness
- Easily blends with any décor
- Allows elderly, injured or mobility impaired individuals to stay in their home
- Makes life easier and more comfortable
- Provides a great deal of independence for the elderly and people with mobility issues
- Eliminate risks associated with staircases such as slips, trips and falls
Top Models of Stairlifts
Reliable accessibility equipment dealers in Philadelphia make available superior quality stairlifts for your straight, curved and outdoor staircases from branded manufacturers such as Bruno Independent Living Aids, Inc and Handicare.
- Stairlifts for Straight Staircases – This includes Elan and Elite from Bruno Independent Living Aids, Inc and Simplicity, Simplicity Plus, Handicare 1000 and Handicare 1000XL/XXL from Handicare.
- Stairlifts for Curved Staircases – Popular curved stairlifts are Bruno Elite Curved -CRE-2110 and Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Vermeer, Handicare 2000 from Handicare.
- Stairlifts for Outdoor Staircases – Exterior stairlifts includes Handicare 1000 – Exterior, Bruno Outdoor Elite – SRE 2010E for straight outdoor staircases and Bruno Outdoor Elite Curve – CRE 2110E and Handicare 2000 Exterior Curved for curved outdoor staircases.
All these products are tested and approved by worldwide independent inspection services.
Features of Stairlifts
Some of the features that distinguish these stairlifts are:
- Safety sensors on the power pack and footplate to detect any obstacles on the stairs
- Speed governors to prevent over speed issues
- Two 12-volt batteries that provide dependable performance in the case of power failure
- Retractable seatbelt for added peace of mind
- The standard swivel seat makes entry and exit easy
- Automatic hinged rail with safety system avoids any obstruction at the bottom of the stairs
- Continuous charge function allows parking the lift on any part of the track when it is not in use
- Generous seat size with multiple seat heights
- Standing lift available that allows users to stand instead of sit; especially useful for patients who cannot bend their legs.
- Adjustable footrest height for added comfort
- Easily accessible key switch that allows you to disable the lift and prevent unauthorized use
- LED diagnostic system in armrest
- Foldable arms, seat and footrest creates plenty of space to walk up the stairs
- Soft start/stop provides smooth ride from start to finish
- Onboard audio/visual diagnostics for easy service
- Two standard remote controls for upstairs and downstairs
- Exterior stairlifts come with a waterproof cover to provide protection from inclement weather.
A licensed home accessibility equipment company would offer professional installation support without charging any additional cost.
Stair lifts are useful devices for mobility challenged individuals, patients with painful conditions such as gout and arthritis, and seniors for whom stairways are a major challenge. Installing a stair lift should therefore be a major consideration especially if you have a steep straight or curved staircase in your home.